HANDMADE IN UGANDA
These breathtaking planters add color and flair for your plant and storage needs!
Style these home accessories in empty corners of your living room, your home office desk, or next to your coffee table. Use as additional storage for towels and bath accessories or to store your child's toys. Fill with your favorite plant or tree and use it as a chic floor planter. These woven planters have handles, making these home accents easy to move around your home!
These exquisite planters will elevate your home decor and compliment your other home accessories.
These delicately textured and woven planters were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together grass and raffia using a sewing needle to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Approximately 5”W x 5” H
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- Be sure to have a liner inside if you use a live plant and water the plant outside of the woven planter as a build of water and moisture will create mold and also risk leaking of the natural dyes.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
The income from baskets now enables the women to provide for their families in life-changing ways: they are able to put nutritious food on the table, give the gift of education to their children, and provide health insurance for their family. Beyond these financial benefits, the baskets have also helped to provide a sense of pride and independence.
One weaver, Egidia, describes her journey of self-fulfillment as an artisan. “I rose and became a leader because people trusted me and I was always responsible. I inspire my community as a successful single mother and hope to send my daughter to a university when she finishes secondary school.”
Shipping & Handling:
Please allow 3-5 business days for order processing time. In stock items will ship within 4-7 business days after the order is processed.